Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day one, Shinjuku Gyoen

Hello,
Today I want to share with you some photos from my first day in Japan ^____^
But first maybe a little bit about my flight hi hi.

Day Zero

From our home to Tokyo is a pretty long way, so I had to prepare myself mentally and psychically for all its hardships! First, early in the morning we left home by our car and then changed for the bus to the international airport in Boston. After about 1,5 hour, we have reached Logan airport and checked in, 2 hours before our flight. At that time I was already tired and sleepy because I waked up before 4am. But still I was sooo exited and happy and didn't get intimidated by the 14 hour flight that was waiting for us. I'm really glad we decided to buy a little bit more expensive tickets without any transfers, one direct flight was sooo much more convenient <3 Also yay, even tough I've already traveled between continents few times, this was actually my first flight with my husband. 10000 times better then fling alone hi hi <3333

We left Usa on Monday around 13:00 and because of the hour difference we arrived at Narita airport almost on the same time, just a day later. After all the formalities on the airport first thing that happened, was people from TV Tokyo who made a small interview with us >____< At that time I was really tired and sleepy and I'm really, really shy and get very nervous when strangers talk with me and because of that I could hardly make any sentence in Japanese. Ahhh, such a humiliation in Japanese tv >_________________< I really hope they didn't aired it.... Even thinking about it makes me want to hid under my table... Anyway, we took the airport shuttle bus, then at Tokyo Station changed for taxi and finally arrived at our hotel. For the first 4 days we have stayed at the Hanzmon Monterey hotel which was nice and in a pretty convenient location in Chiyoda, near Hanzmon metro line. We checked in at our hotel, left baggage, and went for small walk to see a little bit of the surroundings. It was already dark, after 15 minutes or so, we went to nearby Family Mart, bought something for the supper (yayyy, I got my first melonpan <3) and around 9:30 finally went to sleep. As much as I didn't have any problems with falling asleep, I've felt the 13 hour time difference, next day in the morning when I have waked up on 3:30am....

Day one

On the first day of sightseeing we decided to take it easy and just stroll a little bit in the search of last remnants of sakura blossom.  We wanted to go to the Shinjuku Gyoen, but the first half of day had awful weather with cold wind and pouring rain, so first we went to Marui One and Alta Studio. It was so wonderful to visit lolita brand stores and again see the clothing in person <3 But at that moment it was hard to me to deiced if there was something I really wanted, and since I didn't see anything that made me fall in love with it and I didn't want to spend to much money on something that I "only liked", so in the end I didn't buy anything lolita but instead I've done small shopping in Alta. Also on the 1st floor of Marui there were temporary Shirokuma Cafe stalls with different goods with all characters from the show, Panda-kun and Pengin-san and Lama-san <3333
Fortunately, in afternoon the sky have cleared up, so we finally went to the park <3 The park is very charming and peaceful place with lots of beautiful landscapes. I can only imaging how breath taking it had to look few weeks earlier, full of brown trees decorated with cute, little pink flowers <3
Unfortunately, because of the changing weather photos from that day didn't turn out to be to good, some of them were too dark and some, quite the opposite, overexposed, making me look like some kind of ghostly apparition from other dimension....
Upss, I think I got a carried away with the details, so not to bore you anymore, here are some photos:












Thank you for your time <3

22 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love all these photos! They look like they have been taken with a film camera. *A*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the last photo :D
    really beautiful ~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. bardzo ładne zdjęcia w bardzo ładnym miejscu z bardzo ładną modelką

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos as always, Emilka! ♥ It looks so warm and green in Japan! The trees are still not green her yet! I'm waiting impaaaaitently! XD I'm so glad to hear you had a great time ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you ^___^ Actually it was pretty chilli this day (well, actually it was chilly for almost half of my trip) but yes, it was green everywhere and everything was in blooms, so the sights were very beautiful ^____^

      Delete
  5. Great photos! And you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Dziękuję! Shinjuku gyoen jest naprawdę ślicznym parkiem <3

      Delete
  7. you look so pretty<3
    direct flight is so much better I think! btw where is the Studio Alta exactly? I want to go there next time*-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3
      Alta in Shinjuku is on the corner of Shinjuku dori, just east from the Shunjuku station. There's also one in Sunshine cite building in Ikebukuro ^___^

      Delete
  8. ładny strój :) no i oczywiście piękne miejsce :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so beautiful!
    All those photos are gorgeous! *o*

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picures are so cute! And the landscape and plants are so beautiful. Now I want to go there, too! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^___^
      Yes, definitely, Shinjuku gyoen is a beautiful place for sightseeing.

      Delete
    2. It's funny because I would never think of such landscape when I think of Tokyo :D But it's not just skyscrapers.

      Delete